1. How old do you have to be to join Ship 84?
At least 14 years of age or have graduated from the 8th grade.
2. Can girls join?
Yes, the Sea Scouts is co-ed.
3. What are the costs?
- The registration fee is $135 per year.
- There is a one time cost of $40 for the Class B uniform shirt and hat.
- Day sails are free to registered members.
- Overnight trips and long cruises have fees based on the trip destination and duration.
4. Are you part of Scouts BSA?
Yes, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scouts BSA are all part of Boy Scouts of America.
5. When are your regular meeting nights?
We meet on Sunday afternoons from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM during non-summer months.
6. When are the day sails?
Day sails take place on Saturdays or Sundays during the summer months.
7. What kind of skills do you teach?
- Safe boating
- Marline spike
- Boat maintenance and repairs
- Cruise planning
- Boat handling
- Leadership through teamwork
8. What kind of events do you participate in?
- Weekend day sails
- Weekend overnight trips
- Week-long cruise
- Field trips to
- US Coast Guard Academy
- SUNY Maritime College
- Hinckley boat yard
- Mystic Seaport
In case you haven’t found the answer for your question please feel free to contact us.