1. How old do you have to be to join Ship 84?
At least 14 years of age or have graduated from the 8th grade.
2. Can girls join?
Yes, the Sea Scouts is ce-ed.
3. What are the costs?
- The registration fee is $100 per year.
- There is a one time cost of $75 for the uniform.
- Day sails are free to registered members.
- Overnight trips and long cruises have fees based on the trip destination and duration.
4. Are you part of Scouts BSA?
Yes, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scouts BSA are all part of Boy Scouts of America.
5. When are your regular meeting nights?
We meet on Monday nights from 7:30 PM to 9 PM during non-summer months.
6. When are the day says?
Day sails usually take place on a Sundays from 10 AM to 2 PM during the summer months.
7. What kind of skills do you teach?
- Safe boating
- Marline spike
- Boat maintenance and repairs
- Cruise planning
- Boat handling
- Earned leadership through teamwork
8. What kind of events do you participate in?
- Weekend day sails
- Weekend overnight trips
- Week-long cruise
- Field trips to
- US Coast Guard Academy
- SUNY Maritime College
- Hinckley boat yard
- Mystic Seaport
In case you haven’t found the answer for your question please feel free to contact us.